Below are designs I did in my free time.
I wanted to make a summer dress with a matching choker, so I created some prints for it. I hand drew the flowers and completed the design using Illustrator and Photoshop. I also wanted the print to be really bright so I chose a sateen fabric to print it on. I love the way it came out and its so comfortable! Check out the print colourways and the final dress/choker below:
The next print I created was a repeat pattern of hand drawings. I was inspired to create a print that was literally made up of drawings of my hands. I thought it might look good as a shirt or in a co ord. I made this print using Illustrator and Photoshop.
Below are some more designs that I created:
From Top Left to Bottom Right:
- Dead Disney Halloween theme. I bought two cinderella costumes very cheaply on ebay and altered them into one costume. I then added a white net tutu (which I also made) underneath the skirt part of the dress, to make it that puffy effect.
- I made this dress out of a mens t-shirt. I cut and sewed in the elastic for the ‘off shoulder’ look, and sewed denim stars all over it. I also made a denim belt to accompany it. I wore this to a few raves.
- I bought both black and white mesh bodysuits off Boohoo.com. I also bought the embroidered flowers separately off ebay and sewed them onto the mesh bodysuits. I have used a digital sewing machine a few times in the past, but found buying the flowers already made, to make the process much quicker.
- I had one of my designs printed onto fabric and made two tops out of it. One of them is a top for dancing – hence the tassels – and the other is a gym top. Both are made to be part of my activewear range.
- I bought the cream playsuit on inthestyle.co.uk, but felt that it was a bit short and lacked extra details. I decided to make belt out of lace for it and added lace to the bottom to lengthen it.